Remarkably light and compact, the Helium delivers impressive insulation. Use it as a three-plus season bag to substantially reduce your load while backpacking and mountaineering. New features, like a curved baffle design that reduces the shifting of down, increase the comfort on this 800-fill-power goose down bag.
- Certified 650 Fill Power Down with Down Defender to Improve Water-Resistance in Wet Conditions
- Anatomically Designed Footbox with Wrap-Around Construction increases Warmth
- Full Length Locking YKK Two Way Zipper with Anti-Snag Slider reduces fabric snagging
- EN Tested
- Down-filled Collar with Easy Access Draw Cord
- Nautilus Multi-Baffle Hood
- Internal Stash Pocket and Heater Pocket in Footbox
- Snagless Insulated Draft Tube
- Ground-Level Side Seams
- Hood Draw Cord
- Zipper Garage
- Stretch Tricot Baffles
- Two Hang Loops
- Stuff and Storage Sack Included
Main Materials - 30d 100% Nylon Ripstop 1.5 oz/sqyd, 30d 100% Nylon DWR 1.18 oz/yd
Lining Material - 30d 100% Nylon DWR 1.27 oz/yd
Insulation Material - 650+ Fill Power Duck Down
Fill Weight - 23.5oz (665g)
Bag Temperature: -9°C (15°F)
EN Rating - Comfort: 27.1°F / -2.7°C | Lower Limit: 15.6°F / -9.1°C | Extreme: -17.5°F / -27.5°C
Interior Length - 83in (211cm)
Bag Dimensions (Shoulder x Hip x Foot) - 62in (157.5cm) x 56in (142.2cm) x 41in (104.1cm)
Weight - 2lbs 7.5oz (1120g)
What is it ?
Marmot Down Defender is an insurance policy for your down garments. This specially treated highly water-resistant down offers an extra level of moisture protection for down garments exposed to wet environments. Down Defender helps prevent down from clumping and losing its loft when exposed to water, thereby greatly increasing its ability to keep you warm and comfortable.
- Stays drier 10 times longer than untreated down
- Maintains 150% more loft than untreated down in damp conditions
- Dries 30% faster than untreated down
- Treatment is PFOA and PFOS free
- Bluesign approved
We've currently used Down Defender in our Snowsports, Urban Exploration and Kids collections.
How does it work ?
The treatment coats the individual plumes of the down cluster with a DWR (durable water repellent) at the molecular level. It puts a hydrophobic layer on each individual plume of the cluster. This treatment is done during the down cleaning process. The finish is extremely durable allowing the down to maintain its water repellency over 20 washes. The treatment also enhances the down's integrity and the durability of the cluster helping to increase its longevity.
What are the benefits of this technology?
Down Defender garments stay drier longer, maintain their loft better and dry faster than conventional untreated down jackets.