Palm Equipment Extrem PFD - Men's
The Updated Palm Extrem PFD sets a benchmark for all whitewater front opening personal floatation devices. The original wrap design, it buckles up fast and thanks to its Flex Fit, conceals large amounts of foam floatation. With upgraded pocket configuration, the new UCLan adjustable harness and aluminium hardware, it’s ready to carry on the journey.
The Extrem buoyancy aid is an evolution that hit the watersport world with a splash and continues to make waves! Known to hit new heights when it comes to safety, usability and functionality. It has a full range of whitewater safety features, in one tiny package.
Suitable for expedition kayakers, guides and coaches and anyone who wants to take up whitewater paddling.
The legendary Extrem is a well loved friend – one that will keep you safe wherever you choose to go!
The Women's version is available here
- Front opening easy-on design
- Entry: Side release buckle front entry
- Fit: Flex fit
- Safety Features:
- Removable chest harness with APC easy catch O-ring
- Failsafe anodised alloy buckle shoulder straps load tested to 3.2kN
- UCLan adjustable chest harness sets up safely (patent GB2492084)
- Dual split D-ring cowtail parks
- Reflective details
- Adjustment: 3D anti ride-up waistbelt with grip strips
- Utility-draw large front pocket with divider to segment safety gear
- Internal pocket compartments
- Internal rear slip pocket
- Easy access knife sleeve
- 7075 aluminium hardware - Load tested aircraft grade aluminium buckles
- Easy Glide straps
- Webbing lash points
- Daisy chain webbing clip-in points
- Tough grip panels at shoulder for boat carrying
- Compatible with 10417 Hydration Bladder
- Elastic strap keepers
- Weight (M/L): 1341g / 47.30oz
Watch this short video to find out more about the Palm Equipment New PFD Chest Harness
- Materials: Cordura 500D, Gaia PVC-free foam
- Fabric compostion: 100% nylon
- Certification: EN ISO 12402-5 (water sports) / 12402-6 (paddlesport)
- Buoyancy: XS/S (60 N), M/L (70 N), XL/XXL (75 N)
- Product Code: 12371
Men's and Unisex's PFDs
||XS/S (60 N)
||M/L (70 N)
||XL/XXL (75 N)
||68 – 80 cm
27 – 31"
|78 – 94 cm
31 – 37"
|94 – 110 cm
37 – 43"
|110 – 126 cm
43 – 50"
||30 – 50 kg
66 –110 lb
|40 – 70 kg
88 – 154 lb
|60 – 90 kg
132 – 198 lb
|80 – >110 kg
176 – >242 lb
- Chest: Measure horizontally under the armpits around the fullest part of your chest and shoulder blades.
- Weight: Include all the gear you’ll be wearing too.
- PFD buoyancy label: A correct fit is more important than choosing the buoyancy category according to your weight. All Palm PFDs have buoyancy above the minimum floatation required for CE/ISO certification. PFD weight ranges are printed inside Palm PFDs on the ISO label.
PFD Fit Guide:
Three simple steps to putting on your PFD for a good fit:
- Loosen all the straps and buckles.
- Put the PFD on (over your head or by the front zip) and fasten any buckles. Do not tighten chest harness yet (if fitted).
- Tighten all straps, starting from the waist and working upwards to the shoulder straps. If your PFD has a chest harness, fasten and tighten this last. Finish by sitting down and checking shoulder straps.