Paramo Velez Jacket - Women's
A lightweight, directional waterproof jacket with versatile features for high intensity outdoor activities all year round.
The Velez Jacket is constructed from standard and lightweight Nikwax Analogy® fabrics zoned for lightweight, hard-wearing weather protection and excellent moisture management.
Fit Tip: The Paramo Velez jackets are standard fitting. We recommend to size up if you are close to the next size up: In doubt, best to go up to the next larger size than the size chart suggests.
- The Velez Jacket is for very active people who swap between outdoor activities.
- If you enjoy mountain walking, cycling, climbing and backpacking, you need a versatile jacket suitable for all these activities.
- You also need to be able to keep cool when you are working hard, which is where clever ventilation comes in.
- The Velez combines discreet but very effective ventilation, with an athletic shape to minimise wind-resistance.
- Optimum cooling when working hard provided by vents, combined with pocketing, carefully positioned for ease of use.
- Enhanced weather protection when carrying a rucksack provided by mesh reinforcement in the back panel.
- Athletic cut to minimise wind resistance and noise
- Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric is more than just breathable, it is directional.
- This means it is capable of moving liquid water away from your body and not just water vapour.
- It is essential to avoid a build-up of water in your clothing system when you are working hard, as too much retained moisture will lead to your body rapidly chilling when you stop and rest.
- In conventional clothing systems, approximately 20% of sweat production is dealt with effectively, leaving the remaining 80% trapped inside.
- Nikwax Analogy garments are unique, in that they pump out this 80% of liquid water and allow it to drain away; you are left feeling dry and comfortable.
Watch this short video to find out more about the Paramo Nikwax Analogy fabric
- The Nikwax Analogy fabric system provides unrivalled waterproof protection and moisture management.
- Nikwax Analogy Light fabric gives a 20% weight saving compared to standard Nikwax Analogy fabric while offering the same unrivalled protection and moisture control.
- Large, mesh lined sleeve/torso vents channel fresh air to inhibit cold spots and minimise rain ingress.
- Two “dual phase” chest pockets work as both vents and secure pockets for maps, navigation tools, valuables or handwarming.
- Excellent field of vision and protection provided by fully adjustable, helmet-compatible “halo” hood with wired peak.
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement.
- Improved visibility from use of reflective flashes.
- Ventilation from two-way reversed front zip with internal storm flap.
- Scooped tail with hem drawcord for lower back protection.
- Rucksack, harness, helmet and glove friendly.
- Average weight: 605g / 21.3oz
In what kind of weather conditions can I use my Velez Jacket?
- The Velez Jacket has been tested to resist at least 4 hours of intense rain; so you can use it throughout the year in cold or wet conditions.
- Because the fabric system offers significant insulation, this is not the best garment to deal with heavy showers in very hot conditions.
How do I care for my Páramo waterproof?
- Regularly wash it with Nikwax Tech Wash® to remove dirt and revive its water repellency. If, after washing, the outer fabric absorbs water (it does not run off in beads) it is time to reproof your garment with Nikwax TX.Direct®.
- If your waterproof picks up a contamination which cannot be removed in a normal wash, Páramo can professionally wash and reproof it for you.
What if I damage my Nikwax Analogy® Waterproof clothing?
- Simple repairs can often be done with a needle and thread without compromising the performance of your Páramo gear.
- If you seriously damage a garment, you can send it back to Páramo and request a quote for having it mended – most damage can be repaired!
Ethics & Environment
- Páramo clothing does not rely on hazardous fluorocarbon (PFC) treatments in its finishing or aftercare processes.
- Nikwax Analogy fabric systems are uniquely suited to recycling as they avoid the need for mixed materials, membranes or taped seams. Instead, they use 100% polyester, which unlike many materials, can be broken down and reformed into new, high quality fibres.
- This garment is made in Colombia by the charitable Miquelina Foundation. It is member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Guaranteed Fair Trade.
- Fully recyclable through Páramo.