Pertex 6 Shell with 'Tecmax' microfibre lining overhead garment This shirt provides the best in comfort and performance for the serious user who needs and demands it. Intended primarily for professional use and ideal for instructors who have to spend time stationary. Suitable for Trekking and Winter Hill walking when conditions demand extra insulation.
This garment works most efficiently when worn next to the skin.
Sizing is important as the shirt should be close fitting but not restrictive.
- Spacious zipped front map pocket.
- Storm baffles on neck and side zips.
- Touch-and-close cuff adjustment tabs.
- Touch-and-close attachment on collar for hood (separate).
- Touch-and-close hip adjusters.
- Handwarmer pocket.
- Scooped back 10cm longer than the front
- Rucsac hip belt can be fastened through hand warmer pocket.
- Tape and buckle waist adjuster.
- Eight ventilation controls on each shirt including two way side zips.
The densely woven micropile provides very high insulation whilst also maintaining superb wicking properties. The superb performance is partly due to the 'Tecmax' Pile which has a dense construction of ultra fine acrylic microfibres, but is unique in the fact that the filaments of the pile are polar, and as such the fibre ends are either positively or negatively charged. Water, is also polar, so as soon as water reaches these fibres the resulting polarity rapidly wicks the moisture away from the skin to the next layer. With the density of the fabric, more fibres per square inch mean that there are more channels available for moisture transmission.