DMM Raptor - Adze Version
A versatile tool for mountaineering, winter walking and classic climbs.
Developed in conjunction with guides and mountaineering instructors, the Raptor is a classic tool that is built to last.
- Version: Axe
- The aggressive alpine picks deal easily with steep couloirs, ridges, glacier work and yet are still effective at self-arrests.
- The full size hammer and adze can cope with everything from cutting steps to chopping ledges, from bashing pegs to digging out belays.
- The gently curved shaft allows extra clearance whilst swinging and daggering, yet does not hinder hammering, step cutting, or plunging the tools.
- The spike on the base of the handle rounds out the Raptors mountaineering capability by giving security on snow and ice slopes.
- For those wishing to venture into steep terrain the Raptor can be fitted with a Fly pick that improves climbing performance.
- A leash prevents you accidentally dropping the axe, and allows resting opportunities if climbing steeper ground.
Watch this short video to find out more about the DMM Raptor:
- Hot forged ergonomic handle - Steel picks are strong and highly durable. They are laser cut, and then CNC machined for high performance on ice, frozen turf and rock.
- T Rated Integrity Construction - DMM axes are T rated, making them tough enough for modern mixed climbing techniques
- Available as both hammer and adze for technical climbing - The Raptor is available in both adze and hammer variants to give you the full range of options when climbing more technical terrain.
- Can be fitted with the Fly pick sets for more technical terrain - Picks on the Fly and Raptor are interchangeable, allowing you to customise the axes to improve performance on either steeper or more traditional terrain. Fly picks are more aggressive for climbing steep ice and mixed, while the Raptor's Alpine Pick gives better self arrest performance.
- Supplied with Chokehold Leash - The Raptor comes with a leash, keeping the axe firmly secured to you in case of an accidental drop and making it easier to climb steep terrain.
- EN13089:2011 Type 2
- UIAA 152:2018
- Axe 50cm: 644g / 22.7oz
- Axe 55cm: 665g / 23.4oz