DMM Shadow Carabiner - Bent Gate
The Shadow’s relatively low weight gives you the edge when onsight sport climbing. Adding a curved gate increases your chance of making first time clips and sending your climb onsight.
Rope bearing areas feature more metal for consistent rope running and increased resistance to wear. A clean nose prevents snagging, for easier clipping and stripping of routes.
- Sport carabiner for durability - Sport carabiners are designed to be robust and make clipping easy. Hot forging allows extra metal to be moved to areas of high wear, making these carabiners suitable for clipping bolts, repeated falls, and the intensive use of modern sport climbing.
- Bent gate for easy clipping - These gates are shaped to help guide the rope into the carabiner during clipping. Grooves in the gate improve handling, and give greater control when making tricky clips. Solid gate carabiners are suited to sport climbing, where ease of handling and resistance to wear are more important than low weight.
- Keylock nose eliminates snagging - This carabiner's nose slots into a groove in the gate, allowing it to achieve full strength without a gate notch. This creates a clean internal profile that won't catch on gear, bolts or slings, giving easier clipping and stripping of routes.
- I-Beam construction for optimum strength to weight ratio - I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
Watch this short video if you would like to know more about the features of the Shadow carabiners and quickdraws
- Weight: 42g / 1.5oz
- Dimensions: 58 x 102mm / 2.3 x 4in
- MBS (Major Axis): 24kN
- MBS (Minot Axis): 9kN
- MBS (Gate Open): 10kN
- Gate Opening (X): 25mm / 1 in
- Certification: EN 12275:2013 B, UIAA121:2009 Class B
- Product Code: A301P / A301BL