DMM Shadow Carabiner - Locksafe
Due to its relatively low weight, the DMM Shadow gives you the edge when onsight sport climbing. This also means the DMM Shadow is good for sport climbers who occasionally go trad climbing but don’t want a second set of quickdraws.
Areas where the DMM Shadow hangs on bolts have been reinforced with extra metal to resist bolt damage. A clean nose reduces snagging and makes stripping steep routes easier, improving security and functionality.
The DMM Shadow’s straight gate features thumb grips that make it easier to open, while its broad base gives plenty of room for racking gear.
- Personal Locking Carabiner for versatility and low weight - Personal lockers are used where weight and size are as important as strength, such as on sling runners and for most connection points on belay stances. In a standard 2 person climbing team, most of your locking carabiners will be personal lockers.
- Sport carabiner for durability - Sport carabiners are designed to be robust and make clipping easy. Hot forging allows extra metal to be moved to areas of high wear, making these carabiners suitable for clipping bolts, repeated falls, and the intensive use of modern sport climbing.
- Solid straight gate for positive handling - Solid gates are robust and give positive handling. Grooves in the gate give extra grip, increasing control when making tricky clips. Solid gate carabiners are suited to sport climbing, where ease of handling and resistance to wear are more important than low weight.
- Offset D carabiner for optimal loading and ergonomics - D-Shaped carabiners encourage loading in their strongest orientation by forcing loads toward the carabiner spine. An Offset D refines this basic design by extending the top bar, increasing internal volume. This improves handling and compatibility with thick ropes and slings.
- Keylock nose eliminates snagging - This carabiner's nose slots into a groove in the gate, allowing it to achieve full strength without a gate notch. This creates a clean internal profile that won't catch on gear, bolts or slings, giving easier clipping and stripping of routes.
- I-Beam construction for optimum strength to weight ratio - I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Locksafe (Triple Action) locking systems: The ultimate assurance of automatically locking in three positions when the gate is closed.
Watch this short video to know more about the DMM Shadow carabiners and quickdraws:
- Product Code: A307BL - Blue
- Weight: 58g / 2oz
- Dimensions: 62 x 102mm / 2.44 x 4in
- MBS (Major Axis): 24kN
- MBS (Minot Axis): 7kN
- MBS (Gate Open): 9kN
- Gate Opening (X): 17mm / 0.7 in
- Certification: EN 362:2004 B, EN12275:2013 B, UIAA121:2009