The Variant’s core values are simple: weather-resistant warmth and mobility. Nylon ripstop DWR-treated shell fabric and Thermal R™ Eco insulation protect the torso; Polartec® Power Stretch in back offers plenty of give. The vest has an elastic drawcord hem, making heat retention a cinch.
- Thermal R Insulation
- Polartec® Power Stretch® in Back - For Easy Movement and Close Fit
- Zip Hand Pockets
- Angel-Wing Movement™ - Allows Full Range of Motion in Arms so Jacket Doesn't Ride Up
Center Back Length - 27.25in / 69.2cm
Overall Weight - 9.4 oz / 266.5 g
Main Material - 100% Nylon Double Rip 0.9 oz/ yd
Main Material - Polartec®Power Stretch® 88% Polyester, 12% Elastane 6.8 oz/yd
Insulation Material - Thermal R
Thermal R is Marmot's proprietary family of polyester insulations specifically engineered to meet various needs from sleeping bags, to garments to gloves. Mid loft, excellent warmth to weight, resilient loft, and durable.
Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature body-hugging 4-way stretch and are very breathable. They keep you dry when you sweat and provide warmth without weight. These are the most versatile outdoor and fitness apparel fabrics available today.
Polartec® Power Stretch® fabrics feature a proprietary construction with two unique surfaces: the durable nylon outer layer is wind- and abrasion-resistant; the soft inner layer pulls moisture away from your skin keeping you dry, warm and comfortable. The fabric also features compression stretch which can improve performance and reduces the chance of certain types of stop-go injuries. Polartec® Power Stretch® excels at handling the demands of the next-to-skin environment.
How does it work? Moisture and high relative humidity next to the skin cause discomfort. Polartec® Power Stretch® keeps the skin dry through three complementary mechanisms:
1) The fabric is highly breathable and does not restrict the movement of moisture vapor.
2) "Touch Points" on the fabric inner surface draw off the sweat. Sweat is wicked off the skin to the outside of the fabric, where it spreads rapidly for evaporation.
3) When the sweat reaches the outside of the fabric, it spreads out to many times its original surface area, enabling it to dry at least 2 times faster than cotton.