Meindl Atlanta GTX - Men's
Overseas customers please note sizes are UK - please see manufacturer size chart above for US / EUR / Mondopoint conversion
The Atlanta GTX walking shoe is the perfect partner for leisurely walks and everyday activities. Top quality Nubuck leather and suede uppers providing a supple yet sturdy frame and the GORE-TEX lining ensure they are waterproof and breathable - giving superb comfort and durability in wet weather conditions.
Fitted with an Air-Active footbed to wick away moisture, the shoe stays ventilated and cool allowing for an enjoyable wear. A Meindl Magic Lite Trail sole completes the shoe. Suitable for both city and countryside terrain, the Atlanta GTX is an excellent choice.
- Colours: Anthracite
- Upper: Nubuck Leather / Suede
- Lining: Gore-Tex® waterproof protection
- Footbed: Air-Active®
- Sole No. 69: Non-slip Meindl Magic Light Trail rubber sole
- Standard Fit
- Weight (Size UK 8): 490g / 17.28oz
- Meindl for Multi Activity - Meindl's Grade M Terrain Category: A good quality multi-purpose walking shoe with enough stability and underfoot protection for daily use. These shoes will take you from the urban commute and a weekend city break, on to a trail walk and lower level path. They are multi-purpose shoes.
- Conditioning and proofing spray keeps nubuck leather and suede protected. The boots can be treated when the uppers are not quite dry (don’t forget the tongues of the boots) – it ensures they will remain supple.
- Applying a little wax to the hooks and eyelets will protect them from corrosion.
Meindl's Boots Terrain Category System:
Meindl boots are graded in a category system from A – D. These categories are based on the terrain that the boot will be suitable for. It is important that you choose the correct boot for the type of walking or activity that you’ll be doing. If you are not sure – read on, we are here to help!
Here’s everything you need to know to make a decision about the best boot for you.
- Grade A - Meindl for Leisure: A good quality walking shoe with enough stability and underfoot protection for daily use. These shoes will take you from the urban commute and a weekend city break, on to a trail walk and lower level path. They are multi-purpose shoes. The Caracas GTX and Siena GTX are our quintessential A grade shoes
- Grade M - Meindl for Multi Activity: Similar to Grade A, these good quality multi-purpose shoes and boots will take you from the urban commute to a lower-level path. The Nebraska Mid GTX and Respond GTX are the quintessential multi-use footwear.
- Grade B - Meindl for Hill: Supportive boots made using high quality leather. The sole units are stiffer than an A/B grade boot and they provide more stability and underfoot support. Suitable for demanding walks in the Lake District, North Wales, Scotland, and Ireland as well as lower level paths in the Alps or Pyrenees during the summer. The Bhutan GTX, Adamello GTX, and Borneo 2 MFS are our classic B grade boots and firm favourites of UK and Irish customers.
- Grade A / B - Meindl for Leisure and Hill: This category blends the two either side of it – A and B – meaning that these boots are suitable for both leisure and hill walking. They can stride out on footpaths and lower level hills. The main difference between these boots and those in category B is that these boots are more flexible and slightly softer in the upper. The Terlan GTX and Baltimore GTX are excellent A/B grade boots.
- Grade C - Meindl for High Mountains: These boots are designed to tackle mountainous terrain, unmarked routes, screes and glaciers. Due to the terrain, these boots are stiffer and provide more protection than boots of a lower grade. They are suitable for crampons and ideal for Scottish winters and higher altitude routes in the European mountains.
- Grade B / C - Meindl for Mountain: These boots are handmade from high quality leather. They are heavier and have a more robust upper and sole unit than a B grade boot. They are suitable for occasional crampon use. Grade B/C boots are ideal for multi-day trips, demanding trekking, extended hikes in the high mountains, poor mountain paths, scree and fixed rope routes. We would recommend a grade B/C boot for winter walking in Scotland and more demanding European walking in the summer. The Himalaya MFS and Island MFS are our top rated B/C grade boots.
- Grade D - Meindl for Mountaineering: These boots are fully stiffened and designed for high level mountaineering. They are fully crampon compatible and are suitable for expeditions to the high Alps and Himalayas.
Note: most of Meindl's shoes and boots are graded, but if you can’t see a specific grading next to a product, it doesn’t have one, and that means it’s for keeping your feet comfortable on every day adventures.
Meindl’s Top Tips:
Alfons Meindl developed the terrain categories to classify his family’s boots in 1975. Over the years, the system has been refined and it’s now widely used by many footwear manufacturers. If you are looking to purchase a pair of boots we would encourage you to read the terrain categories above.
- If in doubt, choose as sturdier boot, as it will cover a wider range of uses.
- If you frequently walk in wet regions, or there is not an opportunity to dry your boots overnight, opt for a GORE-TEX lined model.
- If possible, get your boots fitted in the afternoon as your feet swell during the day.
- Wear your new boots indoors at home to check that you have the correct size before heading outside.
- 300 years of extraordinary family shoemakers. Boots handcrafted in Bavaria, Germany.
- Meindl’s history takes us back to 1683. Petrus Meindl was the first family shoemaker in Kirchanschoring, Bavaria, Southern Germany.
- Fast-forward over 300 years and Meindl now produce over 1 million pairs of boots and shoes from their same home in Germany each year. At the helm are Lukas and Lars Meindl, the eleventh generation of the Meindl family shoemakers.