Paramo Beanie - Unisex's
Warm, quick-drying directional beanie for all outdoor activities. It fits comfortably under a helmet or Páramo hood, a valuable addition to any kitbag.
Using Parameta® G fabric with Stretch Fleece lining, the Páramo Beanie is fast wicking and quick drying to keep your head and ears warm in variable conditions.
“Heat loss at the head is quite substantial, especially for people with short hair like me. Protecting the head is essential when conditions worsen. The Páramo Beanie really won me over. Its shape fits neatly to the head and the even seams prevent ugly bulges. The best part is its insulation performance. The material feels light and fits close to the head and its protection against the cold is outstanding. The Grid-Technology provides air pockets between the fabric and the head, ensuring ideal insulation and the close-knit of the material protects efficiently against wind." Florian Smit, nature photographer.
- The Páramo Beanie is for those who enjoy outdoor activities all year round
- At virtually any time of the year, it is useful to carry a compact beanie to provide head protection when you take a rest, or if conditions worsen. The challenge is to find a beanie that will keep you comfortable in a wide range of conditions and when worn with other garments or equipment.
- The Páramo Beanie is exceptionally comfortable and insulating to wear and easy to carry. The combination of fabrics makes it protective, warm, fast wicking and quick drying. The shape and fit means that it works well under a hood or helmet as well as on its own.
- The Páramo Beanie offers:
- Warm feel from fleece inner with excellent wicking and directional movement of moisture away from your head.
- Light stretch for comfortable close fit, including under a Páramo jacket hood or a helmet.
- Parameta® G fabric is two fabrics in one, providing cooling when needed and insulation when needed.
- When covered with a wind-proof the fleecy grid squares trap air and provide excellent insulation.
- When uncovered the gaps between the grid allow moving air to go straight to the skin, promoting cooling.
- The structure of this next-to-the-skin fabric optimises lateral water movement for evaporative cooling, keeping you comfortable when you are working hard.
- These features provide a fabric which can keep you warm and keep you cool, and therefore is useful in the widest range of temperature conditions and activities, from high mountain climbing to gentle spring and summer walking, and all year round cycling.
- Parameta® G fabric combines two fabrics (inside and out) for insulation and directionality – moving moisture away from you and drying out quickly.
- Light stretch for comfort.
- Close fitting so can be worn comfortably under a Páramo hood or a helmet.
- Average weight: 50g / 1.76oz
Parameta G Fabric - Temperature Control: Parameta G is an incredibly versatile Directional polyester fabric which can provide either cooling or insulation when needed. The fabric wicks very effectively, spreading perspiration over a large area and drying out rapidly. The raised grid pattern traps air for insulation when covered with a windproof layer, but when worn alone allows air to circulate next to the skin for cooling.
- By wearing the fabric next to skin or by combining with outer layers with or without venting, you can modify the amount of insulation or cooling to suit the weather conditions, your level of activity and your own physiology.
- Combined with a windproof outer, the fabric provides excellent insulation.
- Once this is removed or moderated by venting the outer layer, significant cooling can be achieved.
- If you wear Parameta G alone, without an outer windproof, water will still be wicked away from you, but warm air will be dissipated and the wind will speed up evaporation of perspiration to keep you cool.
Garments are specified using metric measurements, therefore the metric measurements in this chart are the most accurate. Imperial equivalents are rounded to the nearest half number.
||To fit circumference up to
Measurements relate to the body rather than garment measurements.
In what kind of weather conditions can I use my Paramo Beanie?
- The Beanie provides some protection against mist or drizzle and provides excellent insulation when worn alone or under a hood.
- It can be used all year round whenever extra head protection and insulation is needed.
How do I care for my Páramo waterproof?
- We recommend Nikwax products to maintain all our garments. Please follow the washcare instructions given on your garment.
What if I damage my Paramo clothing?
- Simple repairs can often be done with a needle and thread without compromising the performance of your Páramo gear.
- If you seriously damage a garment, you can send it back to Páramo and request a quote for having it mended – most damage can be repaired!
Ethics & Environment
- Páramo clothing does not rely on hazardous fluorocarbon (PFC) treatments in its finishing or aftercare processes.
- Nikwax Analogy fabric systems are uniquely suited to recycling as they avoid the need for mixed materials, membranes or taped seams. Instead, they use 100% polyester, which unlike many materials, can be broken down and reformed into new, high quality fibres.
- This garment is made in Colombia by the charitable Miquelina Foundation. It is member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Guaranteed Fair Trade.
- Fully recyclable through Páramo.