Paramo Mirada Jacket - Women's
Our lightest weight, slim-fit, packable and versatile directional waterproof jacket, ideal for women who ride a bike, enjoy strenuous walking or mountain running.
The Mirada uses lightweight Nikwax® Analogy® Waterproof fabric for high performance weather protection and moisture management with minimal weight. It combines good ventilation for swift temperature adjustment with practical pocketing and a top performance hood. The flattering, feminine fit is shaped for maximum comfort and freedom of movement. The Mirada incorporates front of arm ventilation zips for temperature control.
So expect outstanding resistance to rain, condensation removal, huge versatility in temperature control, and an excellent performance to weight ratio.
Fit Tip: The Paramo Mirada jackets are standard fitting. We recommend to size up if you are close to the next size up: In doubt, best to go up to the next larger size than the size chart suggests.
Review: “I am a mountaineering instructor working in Wales during the summer and Scotland through the winter. Over the past 12 years I have used various different clothing systems. Of all the systems I have used I have not found anything that beats Páramo. A lot of hard shell systems claim to be breathable and waterproof - this may be true in laboratory tests but in reality when used for a day in typical Scottish winter conditions they fall a long way short of their claims. On the other hand, Páramo systems do what they say” Chris Thorne, Llyn Adventures
- The Miranda is a versatile, light and packable jacket for a wide range of energetic activities.
- During high energy activities when you require guaranteed protection from wind and rain, you need a versatile jacket that you can easily adjust for temperature without changing clothing, so you won’t overheat.
- High performance weather protection and moisture management at a light weight. The ventilation options allow precise temperature adjustment without removing layers.
- The Alta III is a lightweight but high performance waterproof with generous ventilation options and multifunctional features
- Light weight and great packability from the Nikwax Analogy® Light fabric.
- Quick temperature regulation on the move from front of arm ventilation zips and sleeves that can be pushed up.
- The adjustable hood, plus reflective strips and lengthened sleeves for cycling, make this jacket an all-rounder that performs from the streets to the peaks.
- Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric is more than just breathable, it is directional.
- This means it is capable of moving liquid water away from your body and not just water vapour.
- It is essential to avoid a build-up of water in your clothing system when you are working hard, as too much retained moisture will lead to your body rapidly chilling when you stop and rest.
- In conventional clothing systems, approximately 20% of sweat production is dealt with effectively, leaving the remaining 80% trapped inside.
- Nikwax Analogy garments are unique, in that they pump out this 80% of liquid water and allow it to drain away; you are left feeling dry and comfortable.
Watch this short video to find out more about the Paramo Nikwax Analogy fabric
- The Nikwax Analogy fabric system provides unrivalled waterproof protection and moisture management.
- Nikwax Analogy Light fabric gives a 20% weight saving compared to standard Nikwax Analogy fabric while offering the same unrivalled protection and moisture control.
- Front of arm sleeve vents for rapid on-the-move cooling with minimal rain ingress.
- Uniquely shaped hood to accommodate hair comfortably, fully adjustable with a wired peak to protect vision.
- Fully articulated shoulders and elbows for maximum freedom of movement and optimum fit.
- Long sleeves for protection when stretching, with simple cuffs so sleeves can be easily pushed or rolled up for cooling.
- Generous length with scooped tail to protect lower back and hem drawcord for temperature control
- Three practical pockets:
- Two handwarming pockets easily accessible during activity.
- Internal secure zipped pocket.
- Full front zip with internal storm flap and chin guard at top.
- Reflective strip (front and back) for improved visibility.
- Average weight: 491g / 17.3oz
In what kind of weather conditions can I use my Miranda Jacket?
- The Miranda Jacket has been tested to resist at least 4 hours of steady rain; so you can use it throughout the year in cold or wet conditions.
- Because the fabric system offers significant insulation when the ventilation zips are closed, this is not the best garment to deal with very hot conditions. In that case we would recommend a Nikwax Windproof, perhaps combined with one of our Parameta T+ baselayers, to optimise breathability and cooling,
How do I care for my Páramo waterproof?
- Regularly wash it with Nikwax Tech Wash® to remove dirt and revive its water repellency. If, after washing, the outer fabric absorbs water (it does not run off in beads) it is time to reproof your garment with Nikwax TX.Direct®.
- If your waterproof picks up a contamination which cannot be removed in a normal wash, Páramo can professionally wash and reproof it for you.
What if I damage my Nikwax Analogy® Waterproof clothing?
- Simple repairs can often be done with a needle and thread without compromising the performance of your Páramo gear.
- If you seriously damage a garment, you can send it back to Páramo and request a quote for having it mended – most damage can be repaired!
Ethics & Environment
- Páramo clothing does not rely on hazardous fluorocarbon (PFC) treatments in its finishing or aftercare processes.
- Nikwax Analogy fabric systems are uniquely suited to recycling as they avoid the need for mixed materials, membranes or taped seams. Instead, they use 100% polyester, which unlike many materials, can be broken down and reformed into new, high quality fibres.
- This garment is made in Colombia by the charitable Miquelina Foundation. It is member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Guaranteed Fair Trade.
- Fully recyclable through Páramo.