Paramo Torres Medio Gilet - Women's
A packable and durable insulating gilet, perfect for overlayering, over your garments, to offer additional core warmth during or between activities outdoors.
The Torres Medio Gilet is ideal to take on all hill activities to provide fast core warmth. Most hill activities intersperse exertion with stationary interludes. To remain comfortable and safe throughout, it is most practical to add a synthetic overlayer quickly on top of your kit.
The Torres Medio Gilet is made from Nikwax Analogy® Insulator with a moisture-repellent synthetic fill which delivers a high warmth-for-weight ratio even when wet. The synthetic 100g fill offers insulation even in wet weather and the insulation extends to the handwarming pockets. It uses minimal space in the pack but delivers a high warmth per weight ratio.
The Torres Medio Gilet can be worn over a baselayer or an outer layer to warm you quickly. It packs down small and has useful pockets for secure storage.
- The Torres Medio Gilet provides fast core warmth in changeable conditions during all outdoor activities.Packs down easily into its own secure internal chest pocket for easy carrying.
- Physical exertion outdoors followed by periods of being stationary can lead to irregular body temperature, particularly in ever-changing climate conditions.
- An overlayer allows you to benefit from the 100g synthetic fill, even in wet weather, without needing to remove any garments.
- The clever design ensures minimal space while in a pack yet delivers a high warmth to weight ratio when worn.
- The Torres Medio Gilet can be worn over a baselayer or an outer layer to warm you quickly. It packs down small and has zipped pockets for secure storage.
- Comfort and warmth provided by a 100g synthetic fill throughout and a high, insulated collar
- Small pack size provided by stuff sack integrated into left hand-warming pocket
- Secure Storage with one internal zipped pocket and two 100g insulated zipped handwarming pockets
- Nikwax Analogy Insulator’s synthetic fill provides very effective warming even in wet conditions.
- The Insulator combines Nikwax Windproof closely woven microfibre outer with a synthetic, water-resistant fill to cut windchill and provide excellent insulation for overlayering with other Nikwax fabrics.
- It retains body heat very effectively to warm the body quickly and deflects the rain while providing excellent moisture vapour transfer.
- It packs down small, giving a high warmth to weight ratio. The fill gives a down-like feel and performance with the benefit of still working well when wet.
- It can be compressed in a pack without damage and washed in a home washing machine.
- All our synthetic fill features 55% recycled content.
- Nikwax Analogy Insulator’s synthetic fill provides very effective warming even in wet conditions
- 100g synthetic fill throughout and a high, insulated collar for comfort and warmth
- Two insulated, zipped hand warming pockets with the left doubling as a stuff pouch for easy carrying
- One internal zipped storage pocket
- Two-way, reversed YKK front zip with internal storm flap allows effective ventilation, ease of use and access to internal pocket
- Elasticated binding on the arm holes ensures maximum heat retention
- Scooped tail gives extra protection, and elastic secured in the side panel hems ensures the gilet closes snugly around under garments
- Sized for everyday wear (though you may need to upsize if overlayering with a Nikwax Analogy waterproof)
- The synthetic fill is made from 55% recycled content whilst the windproof face fabric uses 100% post-consumer recycled polyester
- Average weight: 280g / 9.87 oz
Nikwax Analogy® Insulator Fabric - The Insulator combines Nikwax® Windproof closely woven microfibre outer with a synthetic, water-resistant fill to cut windchill and provide excellent insulation for overlayering with other Nikwax fabrics. It retains body heat very effectively to warm the body quickly and deflects the rain while providing excellent moisture vapour transfer. It packs down small, giving a high warmth to weight ratio. The fill gives a down-like feel and performance with the benefit of still working well when wet. It can be compressed in a pack without damage and washed in a home washing machine.
- Cuts windchill and provides excellent block insulation;
- Very efficient retention of body heat to warm you quickly;
- Down-like feel and performance continues to work when wet;
- Packs down small with a high warmth-to-weight ratio;
- Deflects the rain while allowing excellent moisture vapour transfer to minimise condensation;
- Can be treated with Nikwax TX.Direct to give renewable waterproof performance;
- Very durable outer to endure regular use in all conditions.
In what kind of weather conditions can I use my Torres Medio Gillet?
- Your Torres Medio Gilet can be used throughout the year in cold or wet weather, or when you need to keep warm. The dense microfibre outer and the synthetic fill can cope with poor conditions and the insulation will not be affected if it gets wet.
- It can be put on over any other kit when insulation is needed, however is not suitable for activities in warm conditions.
- In really cold weather you may prefer a Jacket with higher insulation.
How do I care for my Páramo waterproof?
- Regularly wash it with Nikwax Tech Wash® to remove dirt and revive its water repellency. If, after washing, the outer fabric absorbs water (it does not run off in beads) it is time to reproof your garment with Nikwax TX.Direct®.
- If your waterproof picks up a contamination which cannot be removed in a normal wash, Páramo can professionally wash and reproof it for you.
What if I damage my Nikwax Analogy® Waterproof clothing?
- Simple repairs can often be done with a needle and thread without compromising the performance of your Páramo gear.
- If you seriously damage a garment, you can send it back to Páramo and request a quote for having it mended – most damage can be repaired!
Ethics & Environment
- Páramo clothing does not rely on hazardous fluorocarbon (PFC) treatments in its finishing or aftercare processes.
- Nikwax Analogy fabric systems are uniquely suited to recycling as they avoid the need for mixed materials, membranes or taped seams. Instead, they use 100% polyester, which unlike many materials, can be broken down and reformed into new, high quality fibres:
- Synthetic fill – 55% recycled content
- Windproof Face fabric — 100% post-consumer recycled polyester
- All our synthetic fill features 55% recycled content.
- This garment is made in Colombia by the charitable Miquelina Foundation. It is member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Guaranteed Fair Trade.
- Fully recyclable through Páramo.